Over the past couple weeks my class and I have been developing a wiki based on discovering what Digital Writing is and the fun things that come along with it. We’ve all submitted several pages and helped edit or complete others pages in order to make sure all of the information is included.
- What are you most proud of in the entire wiki?
- What are you most proud of in terms of your contributions to the wiki?
- What do you wish you had time to further expand, include, or revise in the wiki?
- When did you get stuck while working on the wiki? How did you overcome your problem?
- What did you learn about yourself as a collaborative writer? What collaborative skills do you want to work on in the future?
- Discuss at least four of the course outcomes you feel you worked towards with this assignment. Provide evidence of your learning by pointing to specific aspects of the wiki or your project journal.
Collective Intelligence – The wiki project is a perfect definition of this. In order to complete the project we were required as a class to pull together and complete it. I worked towards this outcome by doing my part on the wiki which includes the pages I contributed and helped to complete.
Judgement – Many of the sources I used when working on the wiki to back up the original material or to expand on I had to make sure were creditable before I could use them.
Multitasking – Even though it’s not the best idea I have multitasked a lot while working on the wiki. I’ve been listening to music, watching videos, and scanning articles in order to obtain material for the wiki. For example when I was working on the Copyright page I actually listened to the A Fair(y) Use Tale video in the background to make sure I was including all of the key terms.
Networking – In the wiki at the start when we first started working on pages I was networking, especially when it came to the reading that not everyone in the class may have been assigned. When I completed my page it was set up in a way with enough information to give a summary of the material and then expanded farther in order to get the reader thinking and give them a better understanding of the information.
In the end the wiki was a fun way to get everyone involved in the reading and discussions and now it serves as a way for us to refer back to if we ever need a refresher.